AOL or America Online as a company provides many services. Even though, AOL has given us so much over the years that were extremely good in their own rights. Even then, you may get many different types of errors while using all these AOL services. One such error that you can get is the AOL Error 116.
If you face the error, you can contact our professionals who can resolve such problems as soon as possible. Now, to know the reasons behind the given error, proceed to the next section.
Why The AOL Error 116 Can Occur
- First, if there are any corrupt system files present on your computer, then this error may occur.
- Even, you can get this problem, if some of the system files get deleted by the antivirus software mistakenly.
- If any AOL application software component file gets mistakenly deleted by you then you can also encounter the problem.
To resolve the error by yourself, you will have to look into the solutions section of this article. Now, if you cannot be able to solve this issue then you can contact our support team, who will solve the given error in a few minutes.
Probable Solutions To Fix AOL Error 116
Here, in this section, we have provided you with the solutions you can solve the AOL error 116. Follow the guide as mentioned and it shouldn’t be a problem.
Scan System For Viruses
To remove this problem the first thing you can do is to scan your PC for any type of viruses or the malware. If you find any malicious files then remove it from the computer. If you have any doubt about which files to delete, you can always consult our technical experts for any help.
Perform A System Restore
To get rid of this problem you can perform a System Restore by following these steps below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, select ‘All Programs’ then go to ‘Accessories’.
- Then, go to the ‘System Tools’ and after that, choose ‘System Restore’.
- Next, choose the Restore Point i.e. the date where your system contains the AOL software, that is error-free.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ button and lastly choose ‘Confirm’ to restore.
- Reboot your machine after restoring process is over.
Boot Your Computer In Safe Mode
Check your device, and see if it is getting the AOL error 116 when it boots in the Safe Mode. Now, to boot your computer in the Safe Mode, you can try out the following:
- First, go to the ‘Start’ menu then open ‘Run’. In it type the command ‘msconfig’ command and tap on ‘OK.’
- Then within System Configuration window, tap on the ‘Services’ tab and deactivate every Microsoft services.
- When done, reboot your machine to apply the changes.
Related Post:- How To Fix AOL Desktop Error 104?
AOL Customer Support Number +1-800-297-9985 Is Available 24×7
We have experts in our support team who can provide assistance at any point in time. If you are able to resolve the issue of AOL error 116 by yourself, then do not worry. The only thing you can do is to contact our support team and they will help you out with the problem. We are known in the market for providing any service at affordable rates.
We have a live chat portal on our website. Inside it, you can post the problem that you have then after a few minutes our executive will contact you. You can call us directly on our toll-free AOL Tech Support Number and register your query. After that, we will assign a professional who will fix the issue you have. You can also send the query that you have on our official email ID and get assistance.