Yahoo mail is used by many users for emailing purposes. Recently, users have complained that they are facing a Yahoo mail certificate error when they try to access their Yahoo account. Most of the time, this problem was experienced while using Internet Explorer. This issue can be caused due to one or more than one of the following reasons.
- Misconfigured System Time and Date Settings
- Outdated Internet Explorer
- Yahoo Mail Certificate has Expired
- Corrupted Cache and Site Data
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Certificate Error : Stepwise Instructions
The Yahoo mail certificate error can be easily fixed in a few easy ways. Therefore, go through the following solutions one by one until you get rid of the issue.
Solution 1: Set Correct Date and Time
The very first thing you have to do is to make sure that your System’s time and Date settings are correct. For this, go through the following steps.
- Navigate to the bottom right of your main desktop screen. Right click on the System date and choose ‘Adjust Date/Time Settings.
- Now, go to the ‘Change Date and Time’ tab and click on it.
- Once the new window appears, enter the current time in the Time field.
- Thereafter, click on the date and choose the current date from the Calendar. Next, click on OK and select the ‘Change Time Zone’ icon. Here, click on the Time Zone drop-down box and select your City.
- Lastly, tap on OK and your new changes will be saved. Thereafter, open a browser and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Solution 2: Remove Cookies and Caches
Another way to fix this issue is by clearing cookies and caches from your browser. Hence, follow the steps below to do so.
Using Shortcut Keys
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop or PC and press Ctrl + Shift + Delete button to launch the Delete Browser History tab.
- From this page, you have to check all the boxes including “Temporary Internet files and Websites Files”.
- Now, tap on the Delete icon and it will clear all the caches and cookies from your browser.
- At last, reload the page and check if the error still occurs or not.
Using Internet Options
If you are unable to perform the above process then follow the steps below to clear cookies and cache through internet options.
- Press the Windows logo button with the letter ‘R’ from your keyboard. This will launch the Run dialogue box.
- Here, type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and press enter. Now, the Internet Options window will appear.
- Next, go to the General tab and navigate to the Browsing history option.
- Now, choose Delete browsing history on exit and then click on Apply. After that, choose Ok to delete cookies and caches from your browser.
Solution 3: Update Internet Explorer
As stated earlier, you can face the problem if you are using an older version of Internet Explorer. Thus, you should update the browser by following the steps given below.
- First, you have to launch the Internet Explorer from your device.
- After that, tap on the Settings option. You will find this option on the top-right corner of the window.
- Now, navigate to the ‘About Internet Explorer’ option and select “Install new versions automatically” option.
- Then, look at the bottom of the page and select the Close option.
- This process will automatically install all the updates that are available for your browser.
- Finally, restart Internet Explorer and check if the same problem still persists or not.
Solution 4: Uncheck Publisher’s Revocation Option
Alternatively, you can try to fix the issue by disabling the publisher’s revocation option. This can be done by following the steps in the given section.
- Open Internet Explorer on your device and navigate to the Tools option. After that, find the Internet Options icon and tap on it.
- Now, select the Advanced option by clicking on it. Next, move to the Security tab.
- Here, you have to uncheck the “Check for publisher’s revocation” option from the list.
- Subsequently, untick the “Check for server certificate revocation” option as well. After that, tap on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Finally, restart the browser and check the status of the error.
The solutions provided above should definitely help you to fix Yahoo certificate error on your device. Try not to make any mistakes while implementing the steps mentioned above. Generally, correcting your system date and time should fix the issue in no time.