Yahoo mail is one of the most renowned free email services providers. For many years, users did not realize that you can enable auto-forwarding for all your mails. Since Gmail has become a primary account for many users, it has become a great feature. Here, you can learn how to forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail in the following section.
Stepwise Solutions for forwarding Yahoo Mail to Gmail
The overall process of forwarding Yahoo Mail to Gmail is actually very easy. This is done through the Yahoo Mail auto forward feature. Hence, follow each and every step given below very carefully.
Use Yahoo Forwarding Method
These are the steps that you must apply to your Yahoo email account. Follow the steps accordingly.
Switch to Classic View
Before applying Yahoo auto forward, you have to Switch to Classic view as this feature is not available in the modern version. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Incidentally, sign in to your Yahoo mail account through any browser of your choice.
- Enter your login credentials and wait for the page to load.
- On the bottom left corner of the window, you should see an option called “Switch to Classic Mail”. Click on this and the user interface will be switched to the classic view..
Apply Yahoo Auto Forward
After the previous steps, you need to now enable forwarding in Yahoo by following the given steps.
- From the Classic View, click on “Settings” gear icon. This will drop down a menu where you have to select Settings once again.
- Now, the settings tab will open. Head over to “Accounts”, and select the specific Yahoo email address that you need to forward to Gmail. The mail address is generally seen at the top of the tab.
- Scroll down until you see the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere” option.
- Below the “Access your Yahoo mail elsewhere” option, there is the “Forward” option present. Click on it and a new box will appear.
- Now, enter the Gmail address on the forward dialogue box. Make sure to use the email address correctly. Also, make sure that the email address is not the same as your alternate email ID.
- After that, Yahoo will follow a verification process. For this, it will send a verification mail on the Gmail ID that you entered previously.
- Next, open a new tab and access your Gmail ID. Open the verification link and click on Verify.
- Lastly, visit the Yahoo settings tab again and click on “Save”. After that, close the Yahoo settings tab.
Now, you can switch to the latest version of Yahoo. To do so, click on the blue icon. It is present on the lower left side of the Yahoo inbox.
Complete Validating your Gmail Account
As the second and final step, you need to now complete the process from your Gmail account. Thus, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the settings tab of your Gmail option. It is present at the top- right corner. A list will open.
- Search and click for the Settings option present in the list.
- Here, select the “Accounts and Import” option from the page.
- On the right side of the “Check Mail from other accounts” option, you will find a tab that says “Add a mail account”. Click on the tab.
- There, you have to enter the correct email address of your Yahoo mail account. After doing so, click on the next option.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on Import emails from my other account (POP3)” tab.
- Enter the password for your Yahoo account on the Password dialogue box and hit enter.
- Select “Add Account”, that you will find at the bottom right corner of the page.
- If you face any error, saying “POP is a paid feature”, open the “POP Server” drop-down box.
- Now select pop.mail.yahoo.com present in the drop down menu. Now click on the Add Account option.
Thus close all the tabs, and then open your Gmail account again. Open your Gmail account inbox and check for the new mails from yahoo. If you cannot see any, reload or refresh the page. Finally, the process will be completed.
In summary, you will learn how to forward mails in yahoo by following the steps given above. Thus, follow all the steps carefully.