Yahoo mail is a free email service client with many users from around the world. It can be accessed from a computer and a smartphone as well. However, users have recently complained that their yahoo mail was not working on iPhones. Usually, this issue occurs due to privacy concerns.
Effective Solutions to Fix Yahoo Mail Stopped Working on iPhone
There are several ways to solve this problem on your device. Here, we have provided the best solutions to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Before trying the solutions, you can try to solve this issue by performing a restart of your iPhone.
This can help to resolve most of the issues on your device. Thereafter, check if the problem still persists or not. If you’re still facing the issues, then you can move on to the following solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Re-Login to Yahoo Account
As we mentioned earlier, privacy concern is one of the reasons behind this issue. Therefore, Yahoo will automatically sign you out of your ID if you haven’t signed out for a long period of time.
When this occurs, it can create problems with the mailing functionality. Hence, follow the steps below.
- Open the Yahoo mail and sign out from your account if you’re not already logged out. Close it and wait for a few seconds.
- Afterward, open your Yahoo mail account once again. Then, sign in using your login credentials.
- Lastly, check if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Remove and Re-add Yahoo Mail on Device
If the first solution doesn’t work, then it indicates that there is a severe problem with your Yahoo account that needs to be fixed immediately. For this, you have to remove your Yahoo account from the device and then re-add it again. Here’s how to do this:
- Navigate to the Settings of your iPhone.
- Then, go to the ‘Accounts & Passwords’ tab. On the resulting page, you will see the details of your Yahoo account.
- Go back to ‘Accounts & Passwords’ and then select your Yahoo account.
- Next, tap on the Delete button to remove it from the iPhone and exit from Settings.
- Afterward, open Settings and go to the ‘Accounts & Passwords’ section once again.
- Tap on the ‘Add Account’ button. Then, select ‘Yahoo’ from the list of options.
- Type your Yahoo mail ID and then enter the password in the specific field.
- Thereafter, tap on the ‘Sign in’ button.
Finally, check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Enable Cellular Data
If you are using the Wi-Fi connection, then make sure that you have sufficient signal to connect to the internet. In case, you are out of the wireless network range, then you could face this issue.
In that case, you can try to connect through your cellular data on the device. For that, open Settings and go to the Cellular section. Now, turn the slider to the right to turn on the Cellular data.
Next, try to open the Yahoo mail and see if the issue still persists.
Solution 4: Update the iOS Device
If you are using an outdated iOS version, then it could be the reason behind this issue. Hence, try to update the iPhone to the newest iOS version to get rid of the problem. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Open Settings and navigate to the General tab. Tap on the ‘Software Update’ option from the next page.
- Now, the device will start to search for the available update.
- If it finds any newer version, then it will appear on the screen. Thus, tap on the ‘Download and Install’ button to complete the process.
Make sure that your phone is plugged in as phone update can take quite some time. Afterward, check if the error message has been resolved.
Solution 5: Set SMTP Server
You can try to set the SMTP server on your iPhone to troubleshoot the ‘Yahoo mail not working on iPhone’ issue. The responsibility of the SMTP server is to send the emails to the receiver’s server.
- First launch Settings. Then, navigate to the ‘Accounts & Settings’ section.
- Afterward, tap on the Yahoo icon followed by selecting the ‘Account’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Outgoing mail server SMTP’ option from the next page.
- Here, select ‘Other SMTP server’ option to access the settings. Now, you have to set the Hostname as ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com.’
- Afterward, you will be prompted to enter the login credentials. Type the username and password in the respective field.
- Now, you have to set up the port to 587 or 465 digits.
- Tap on the Yes button to enable the SSL option.
- Thereafter, tap on the Done button from the upper right corner of the screen.
After doing this, restart the device and check if the issue has been fixed.
Solution 6: Use the Yahoo Mail App
According to some users, you can solve this issue by simply using the Yahoo mail app. To use this, first, open the App Store on your iPhone. Afterward, search for the ‘Yahoo Mail’ app.
Once you get that, download and install it on your device. After completing the installation process, launch the application and login to your Yahoo Mail ID. Enter your login credentials and check if you’re able to use it or not.
In summary, the above 7 solutions will help to solve the ‘Yahoo mail not working on iPhone’ issue. Try the methods one by one until your problem is resolved. Usually, you should not face this problem by using the latest Yahoo Mail on your device.