Furthermore, you may also encounter this error when you are sharing the internet connection with others. Using any third-party software app or program to access your Yahoo account can trigger this error as well. Some other reasons for this error include a malware or virus infection or if the browser is unable to accept cookies from Yahoo.
Effective Ways to Solve Yahoo Temporary Error 19
There are several ways to troubleshoot this error. Here, we are going to provide the best solutions to do so. Thus, take a glance at the following solutions one by one as described below:
Fix 1: Enable Browser to Accept Cookies
Yahoo mail temporary error 19 occurs while trying to access the Yahoo Mail service. This error indicates that the Yahoo account is temporarily locked. Most of the time, this error occurs when there is some unusually high activity on the device.
Cookies are small bits of data stored on the system that allows faster access to websites. As mentioned earlier, you can face the issue if the browser is not enabled to accept cookies from Yahoo. Hence, you need to configure the browser to do the same. Go through the following steps to do so.
- From the firefox window, go to the Menu button and choose ‘Options’ from the list.
- Next, go to the ‘Privacy and Security’ category and click on the History tab.
- Here, choose the ‘Use Custom Settings for History’ from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, check the ‘Accept cookies from website’ box to enable the cookies.
- Go to the Chrome browser and click on its Menu to choose the Settings option from the list.
- Afterward, click on the Advanced button.
- Next, go to the ‘Privacy and Security’ category and then tap on the ‘Content Settings’ option.
- Tap on the Cookies button and then click on the ‘Enable the Cookies’ option to complete the process.
After enabling the cookies of the web browser, the Yahoo mail temporary error 19 should be fixed. If it’s not, then you can perform the next solution stated below.
Fix 2: Scan Computer for Viruses/Malware
A complete scan of your computer for viruses and other malware can help to solve the issue on your system. Some dangerous viruses include Trojan horses, worms, rootkits, etc. Hence, you should scan the system with the latest antivirus software. After completing the scanning procedure, try to sign in to the Yahoo account to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Update the Browser
Some of the features of Yahoo mail may stop working if you are using an outdated browser. So, you can update the browser to its latest version to troubleshoot this error.
- First of all, launch the Firefox browser and go to its menu.
- Choose the ‘About Firefox’ option from the list.
- Now, it will start to check for available updates. If any update is available, then it will download and install it automatically.
- After completing the installation process, restart the browser to apply the changes.
- Finally, try to sign in to Yahoo once again to see if the error still appears or not.
- Incidentally, open the Chrome browser and open its menu.
- Click on the Help option from the list and click on ‘About Google Chrome’ option.
- Now, chrome will start checking for the latest version. If there is an update, it will download it automatically.
- Thereafter, install it and restart the browser.
Now, you can check if the problem is sorted. Otherwise, you can perform the next solution provided below.
Fix 4: Update Windows Operating System
If you are using an outdated Operating System, then it may trigger this error as well. Thus, you should install the latest updates to resolve the error. You can do this by following the steps below.
- First, navigate to the Start menu. Then, click on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon.
- Navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ category. Afterward, tap on the ‘Windows Update’ button.
- Next, tap on the ‘Check for updates’ option. Now, the system will start to check for the latest update. If it finds any new updates, then it will download and install it automatically.
- Lastly, restart the system to apply the changes. Then, check if the error is solved.
After trying all the above solutions, if you are still unable to access Yahoo mail, then you can try to access the Yahoo mail from other browsers or computers.
Finally, these effective solutions can help you to solve the Yahoo mail temporary error 19. Thus, try them one by one until your problem is fixed. Always scan your system for viruses, malware and other harmful programs. They can interfere with the browser’s settings and cause errors like these.